Being Earth Friendly is Easier than You Think
“Going green” is much more than just talk at First Choice Power. Good environmental citizenship begins in our homes. As more people become environmentally responsible, you can make a difference in your world by taking a few crucial steps in how you use energy.
Cleaner, Greener Electricity Plans
Thanks to our partnership with Direct Energy, you can choose 100% renewable energy plans from First Choice Power. When you choose a green energy plan from Direct Energy, you’re supporting the development of renewable energy sources from natural resources like wind, water, solar, geothermal, and biofuels.
Interested in a green energy plan from Direct Energy for your Texas home? Choose from two available fixed-rate plans:
- Green Texas 12
- Green Texas 24
Tools to Help You Save Electricity (and Money, Too)
Taking energy-smart steps around your house can make a big difference in your energy bill. Conserving electricity is good for the Texas environment, too. Changing a few everyday habits can lead to a reduction in pollution from fossil fuels and improvements in the Texas economy from renewable energy technology.
- Get practical advice on home insulation, weather-stripping, smart appliances choices, and more in our Energy Saving Tips.
- Learn more about taking advantage of energy rebates and tax credits.
Making a Difference Every Day
A few energy-saving changes here and there can really add up. Here are some additional ways to go green in your everyday life.
- Reduce Paper Use: Switch to paperless billing and stop getting unnecessary mail. Sign up for automatic payments instead of mailing checks. Use an energy-efficient printer and/or print double-sided.
- Basic Recycling: Separate your aluminum, glass, plastic, and paper trash from your regular trash. You’ll be surprised at how little you really need to throw away.
- Reduce Your Trash: Use real cups, plates, utensils, and napkins when dining at home. Combined with an energy-efficient dishwasher, you’re using less energy and sending less waste to landfills.
See? It’s not that difficult to include a few green measures in your life. You might even surprise yourself (and your family) when you start adopting a few more!